MCMS is looking for exceptional, joyful and flexible people who have the specific skills and experience that match the school’s needs in the areas briefly outlined below. Interested candidates are invited to learn more by sending a resume, cover letter and two letters of reference to Vicki McCarthy: .
(1) SPANISH SPECIALIST (AUGUST 2017)
- Provide Montessori-influenced Spanish lessons to children ages 6-14
- Part-time: Tuesday & Thursday 8:00-3:30 and Wednesday 11:30-3:30
- Must have relevant educational background
- Experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
(2) AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM ASSISTANT (AUGUST 2017)
- Provide Montessori-influenced care to children ages 6-14
- Part-time: Monday-Friday 3:00-6:00 and Monday-Friday 3:00-5:15
- Education/experience in theater/creative arts or dance/physical movement preferred
General Information About MCMS
For 45 years, MCMS has warmly welcomed children from the greater Madison area. We are a vibrant and inclusive school community, located near the state capitol and the University of Wisconsin. The Madison/Middleton area is consistently ranked as a top community in which to live, work, play and raise a family. There are lakes every way you turn, beautifully changing seasons, and a bright and energetic population.
Come and join our warm & welcoming community in our state-of-the-art school building, built specifically for our Montessori needs and located on a beautiful, pastoral property. Our non-profit school serves nearly 200 students, from 15 months to 14 years of age, in eight classrooms (1 Toddler, 3 Children’s House, 2 Lower Elementary, 1 Upper Elementary, and 1 Adolescent) guided by our committed, long-term, AMI trained faculty, who are supported by both an AMI trained Head of School and an AMI trained Director of Education. We are proud to be the only school in the state of Wisconsin that is fully accredited at all levels, Toddler through Upper Elementary.
MCMS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its admission policy or in employment on the basis of family structure, age, race, ethnicity, color, sex, creed, disability, political persuasion, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, military service, or organizational membership, or any other status protected by law.