Toddler Community (ages 15-36 months): This program is 5 days per week with the option of 5 half days (8am-12pm) or 5 extended days (8am-3pm). Children must be 15-30 months of age upon admission, and must have 2 months of walking experience.
Children’s House (ages 2 1/2-6 years): Children entering this preschool program must be toilet trained and between 2 ½ and 3 ½ years of age if entering a Montessori program for the first time. Children older than 3 ½ without previous Montessori experience may be considered on an individual basis, if space permits.
Please be aware that the Children’s House program is a three (or four) year program, depending upon the child’s age when first enrolled. The integrity of the program depends upon the consistency and continuity of the classroom community throughout this entire three-to-four-year period. Therefore, the completion of each and every child’s final or “kindergarten” year in the Children’s House program is important to the whole group, and an integral component to the overall success of the program.
Elementary & Adolescent Programs (ages 6-14 years): Children entering the Elementary or Adolescent programs should have completed at least one year of previous Montessori education. Children without one year of previous Montessori experience may be considered on an individual basis, if space permits. A child must be 6 years of age or older by September 1st to enter the Elementary program. Parents of Elementary or Adolescent applicants will be asked to sign a record release form; this authorizes your child’s present school to send us a copy of school records, as well as a teacher recommendation. Once these records have been received and reviewed, the student will be invited for a visit to the appropriate classroom.
In order to maintain a healthy and diverse balance in each of our programs, students are enrolled in the following order:
1. Currently enrolled children who wish to re-enroll
2. Siblings of current students
3. Children with previous Montessori experience
4. New applicants with attention to the school’s commitment to maintaining diversity and balance in all classes, as well as the family’s commitment to complete the full continuum of a given program – typically 3 years.
Steps in Our Admissions Process:
- Interested families should read through information on our website to become familiar with the Montessori approach at various ages and review information about hours available, costs and school calendar.
- Make an appointment to visit the school by contacting us via phone or email. Beginning in mid-October, we host school visits for prospective families (adults only please) on Thursday mornings at 8:30am by appointment. This visit lasts 90 minutes and includes a program and philosophy overview, and a tour of the school, followed by two 15-minute observations in classes that are in session. At the end of this visit, you will receive an application form to complete, if you wish.
- When the decision to apply has been made, complete an application form and submit it with a non-refundable $100 application fee. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application and fee. Applications may be submitted at any time throughout the year.
- Financial Aid is available. If you would like to learn more about the application for Financial Aid, please visit the Financial Assistance section of our website. Applications for enrollment must be submitted prior to applying for financial aid.
- For admission to our Elementary and Adolescent programs, in addition to the application, families will be asked to sign a release form, giving your child’s current school permission to forward student records and a teacher evaluation. Your child will then be invited for a visit in an age-appropriate classroom.
- Offers of acceptance will be sent to families by e-mail and will include an Enrollment & Tuition Contract. At this time, if you wish to proceed, you must sign and return the contract with a deposit to reserve the available space for your child. Deposits are refundable at the end of each completed contract period.
- If you are notified that a space is not immediately available, you may wish to be placed in the wait pool. We occasionally experience unanticipated withdrawals and urge parents to remain in the wait pool for this reason. Dates and fees are subject to change. Please contact us to confirm.